Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dedicated to Hadi

This is something I wrote a long time ago, when my grandpa died. With everything that has been going on lately, I thought maybe I should repost it, and change it a bit.
Dedicated to Hadi
Trials and Tribulations
Throughout my life, God has put me through many trials. Through trials, many people have given up on God and said things like ‘how could he do this to me’ or ‘how could he take this from me’. One of the things I have learned in my life is that “The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away” which is said in Job 1:21. I also believe that the Lord does this for a reason. In Jobs case, he was put through what were probably the worst things someone could go through, he lost everything, but he trusted in God and in the end God gave him double of what he started with. Hadi is receiving her rewards for her life in heaven right now. I know that we may not get back what we have lost, but the Lord does everything for a reason. In my case, the death of my grandfather gave me a better understanding of life. It helped me put my life in perspective and see what was important. It was very hard on both my family and me, but God comforted me. Though there was great reason to be sad, He showed me reason to be happy. I realized that though I lost someone very close and dear to me, God has given me so much that I do not deserve. I have a nice house to live in; I have food and water when I need it, I have all the clothing and shelter I need. He’s also blessed me with a great family and amazing friends. I may not be rich when it comes to money, but in the end what is money worth? I have health, family, peace, LOVE, things that are there and always will be. In that sense, I am one of the richest people in the world, and I thank God for that. After realizing all that, my life has only gotten better. God is amazing and has given us so much that we’ve done nothing to deserve. So when faced with trials and tribulations don’t give up but believe that the Lord will see you through it and its there for a reason. And also to not only look at the negatives, but look at the things God has blessed you with in your life, and the fruits that will come out of the pain and sadness. Through Hadi’s life, and through her death, God is and will change lives. Romans chapter 5 says: 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

To the Floras,
God may have taken an amazing person from us, but I know everyone that knew her is thankful for letting her be in our lives. I didn’t personally know her, but from what I’ve heard, it seems that if God placed angels on this earth to give us a taste of heaven, Hadi was one of them. She was a Godly girl and we know she is in heaven rejoicing with her fellow angles right now. Everything may not be the same without her, but heaven has become a much better place with her. I believe that Hadi’s death has opened many people’s eyes and is showing them what is important. She touched so many lives while she was here, and though she is gone, she is still changing and impacting lives. You are all in our prayers. Lucas, if you ever need anything you can call me man.
In Christ,
Joshua Boyd

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

what happened to you? When did you disappear of the face of planet blog?