Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Trials and Tribulations

this is something i wrote back in 2003

Trials and Tribulations
Throughout my life, God has put me through many trials. Through trials, many people have given up on God and said things like ‘how could he do this to me’ or ‘how could he take this from me’. One of the things I have learned in my life is that “The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away” which is said in Job 1:21. I also believe that the Lord does this for a reason. In Jobs case, he was put through what were probably the worst things someone could go through, but he trusted in God and in the end God gave him double of what he started with. I know that we may not get everything back that we may have lost, but the Lord does everything for a reason. In my case, the death of my grandfather gave me a better understanding of life. It was very hard on both my family and me, but God comforted me. Though there was great reason to be sad, He showed me reason to be happy. I realized that though I lost someone very close and dear to me, God has given me so much that I do not deserve. I have a nice house to live in; I have food and water when I need it, and I have all the clothing I need. He’s also blessed me with a great family and amazing friends. After realizing all that, my life has only gotten better. God is amazing and has given us so much that we’ve done nothing to deserve. So my advice is that when faced with trials and tribulations don’t give up but believe that the Lord will see u through it and its there for a reason. And also to not only look at the bad part of the problem, but look at the things God has blessed you with in your life. Romans chapter 5 says: 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

No comments: